What happens at initial session?
I am aware that for some the first session can be daunting. In this session I will take details of your history and listen to your reasons for attending and we can then see if we are suited to working together.
Will what I say be confidential?
What we discuss at the sessions will remain confidential, however there are a few exceptions when this is not the case.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practise in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I receive supervision like all counsellors do, where I may at times discuss the contents of our sessions, but your identity will always remain anonymous. Information can be found at www.BACP.com
If I felt that you were likely to harm yourself of others, I may have to discuss this with an outside party for example my supervisor or your GP.
ABOUT ME AND MY THERAPY PRACTISE
I am a qualified and BACP registered counsellor based in Fleet in Hampshire.
It can take a lot of courage to make the first step towards seeking help for our problems and for some it can be quite daunting.
I am a warm and understanding counsellor with a passion for my work. I can offer you a safe, empathic, confidential and supportive relationship, enabling you to find a positive way forward.
I use an Integrative approach: meaning I combine Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis, Person Centred Therapy and Gestalt theories. I believe we are all unique and I will draw on the above to enable you to move forward and make better choices.
I believe that our early experiences impact on how we behave and relate to others as adults and the choices that we make. These early feelings and thoughts can be given to us by our caregivers, and from patterns of relating and behaviour that are difficult to understand. I believe that a lack of early nurturing can lead us to question our inner resources and experience the world as a conflicting place. I place emphasis on a safe and nurturing environment where you can restore your sense of self and find your own uniqueness, make good choices and have a sense of being ok. With a deeper sense of awareness, incomplete patterns and unrealistic expectations can be worked through and relinquished.
I have experience working with people with relationship difficulties, issues related to attachment and separation and divorce, working with the dynamics of families and step families, anxiety, depression, feeling isolated or unfulfilled, eating disorders, lack of confidence or low self esteem, sexual abuse and change.
- YPI Counselling with young adults
- Place2Be with Primary School children
- St Michaels Counselling Agency with adults
Qualifications and Training:
- Level 2 Counselling skills CBCAP
- Level 3 Counselling Skills CPCAB
- Level 4 Counselling Skills CPCAB
- Continual Personal Development - Attachment and Mental well being with Richard Bowlby
- Continual Personal Development - Understanding and working with Trauma
- Continual Personal Development - Abuse Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Continual Personal Development - Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Continual Personal Development - Counselling Assessments
- Continual Personal Development - Safeguarding
- Continual Personal Development - Working with clients on the Autistic Spectrum